Insurance as unique as your development
and why you may require a more specialist policy
Have you bought a wreck, a shell or a pile of rubble? Is it listed or of historic interest? If this is you, then we know youâre not afraid of hard work!
Such projects are a real labour of love â not to mention involving a million decisions concerning construction, design, process, cost and decoration.
Of course, you need insurance - during the build but also for your home and contents afterwards. And itâs not just "normal" or "non-standard" insurance, that just won't cut it for this kind of renovation or transformation.
Do not fall at the final hurdle. Make sure that your BESPOKE property is PROTECTED in the present and the future. Listed Property Protection policies are underwritten by the most trusted insurance companies in the United Kingdom.
Listed Property Protection (LPP) can help every step of the way. HOW?
- Advising on the status of your property. We have access to specialist surveyors who can assess and produce a professional report that highlights aspects of your property that are listed or of historic importance
- Guide on what you can and cannot do and the implications of using certain materials and building techniques (often this is restricted and stringently checked by a conservation officer, at various points of the project)
- Put you in contact with materials and construction specialists
- Assess risk that pertains to your particular site or project
- Offer a friendly, non-obligation overview of your insurance liabilities and responsibilities
- Put together a bespoke insurance package that covers you for all aspects of your project â including putting right unauthorised work by a previous owner and covering alternative accommodation should things go wrong
WHAT TYPE OF PROJECT?
Listed Property Protection (LPP) is interested in working with you on all manner of projects â from the simple decoration of a listed building to a full rebuild after a disastrous fire or natural disaster â and everything in between.
Listed Property Protection (LPP) has more than 40 years of experience when it comes to insuring listed and special interest property. We truly understand the unique responsibilities and obligations that such buildings present, from the point of initial purchase through to renovation or repair work or entire reconstructions. What is more, we are friendly, professional and dedicated to making sure your home and family is safe.
Our team understand the grading and categorisation of listed buildings and can work with you to determine your needs. Itâs important to know that the classification and listing process can change so we can make sure that the information you have is current.
The success of a development project with a listed or special interest property means relying on specialist and professional advice, which the team at Listed Property Protection (LPP) can offer. Itâs likely that you will work with other experts â architects, engineers, conservation specialists and building teams, spending a lot of time and money.